Saturday, September 5, 2009

Arsole Fantüme, Gentleman Immoralist Cracks the Top 50 at amazon.com!

That headline is so misleading, someone from the mainstream media could have written it! The great and disturbing novel, "Arsole Fantüme, Gentleman Immoralist," is ranked #44 in amazon.com's Books -> Entertainment -> Humor -> Parodies category! It's ahead of Dave Barry for crying out loud, and just behind James Lileks's "Gallery of Regrettable Food" (a good book that I own), and "Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings," a Tyler Perry book I do not own!


Congratulations to me on this seemingly important achievement!

Oh, and of course congratulations to Marcel Maurice and Pierre. And-- Arsole Fantüme!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought in on Amazon.com because you got me interested (not that I wasn't interested in that kind of thing before *cough* )
    I don't have much time so God knows when I'll be able to read it... but if I get consumed enough by it... Well I already WAS disappointed that there is no German translation yet...
    I might get back to you about the original (my French is more than rusty but having the english version next to it would help...)...
    Ah well, I shouldn't talk so fast, the book wont be here before december.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Semiramis-Audron! I very much appreciate the interest.

    If you're interested in seeing/hearing/reading more while awaiting your copy, you might check out the new Arsole Fantüme home page -- it's part of the Obscurinati Network:

    http://obscurinati.com/arsolefantume.html

    Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete